Annual Report Highlights
Notes from Fiscal Year 2007
- The library loaned 18,866 items during 2007, averaging 72-plus items checked out per day of operation.
- A total of 19,448 people visited the library, bringing the average weekly number of visitors to 374.
- More than 2,097 people held Lake City Public Library cards.
- Children's programs included toddler/preschool story times, after-school and Saturday programs for grades K-6, and a wide variety of summer activities.
- A new library group, Poet's Night Out, started in autumn and met monthly.
- Two book discussion groups, Pageturners and The Salon, also met each month.
- New computer monitors were installed, a result of an application to Calhoun County Community Foundation, with matching funds from the Lake City Library Foundation.