Lake City Public Library welcomes use of its Community Meeting Room by community groups or organizations whose aims are educational, cultural, social, or for civic betterment. Use for business purposes is also allowed with the understanding that there shall be no sales conducted on the library premises. Please carefully read the Library Board Policy governing use of the Community Meeting Room.
The Community Meeting Room is located at the front of the library and is available for use during regular library hours as well as when the library is closed. The room has tables and chairs for up to 64 people.
- Information regarding meeting room availability may be obtained by calling the library: 712-464-3413.
- Read the thoroughly before submitting your application.
- To apply, or pick up an Application for Use of the Meeting Room at the library. The completed application, along with appropriate fee and/or deposit, may be dropped off at the library or returned to the library by mail.
- Be prepared to state the name of the organization, the purpose of the meeting, the number of persons expected to attend and the dates and times you would like to reserve the meeting room.
- Applications are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Make sure you reserve adequate time for your meeting, including time to set up and clean up.
- The library's meeting room is heavily used and timeslots fill quickly. Plan ahead!
Non-profit Organizations: Use of the Community Meeting Room is free of charge for non-profit organizations; however, a $25.00 refundable deposit is required and monetary donations are greatly appreciated.
Personal and family groups: There will be a $20.00 charge for events such as graduation parties, showers, birthdays, etc.
Business and commercial use: There will be a $50.00 fee, plus a $25.00 refundable deposit for use by a business or commercial entity for employee training events, parties, informational presentations, etc. The meeting room is not available to sell merchandise or services, solicit for later sales, or placement of orders. Local businesses paying $50.00 may display merchandise but there shall be no sales on the library premises.