Meeting Rooms Policy
MEETING ROOM POLICY
As an institution of education, the Lake City Public Library welcomes the use of its meeting room by community groups.
or organizations based in Lake City whose aims are educational, cultural, intellectual, social or for civic betterment.
- Attendance at the meetings is to be limited to 75 persons
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE LIBRARY MEETING ROOM OR ON LIBRARY PREMISES.
- NO ALCOHOL OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY MEETING ROOM OR ON LIBRARY PREMISES.
- Uses of the meeting room that would interfere with the library’s function as a quiet place for study are not allowed. Objectionable conduct, disturbance of other library patrons, and excessive noise is prohibited. Individuals attending meetings are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- Scheduled library sponsored or co-sponsored programs take precedence over other groups at all times.
- The room is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups are encouraged to reserve the room in advance. Same day scheduling will be done only at the discretion of the library director.
- Advance notice of 24 hours must be given to the library in the event that a scheduled meeting is to be canceled.
- When the meeting room is used by a business, a fee of $50.00 per meeting plus a refundable $25.00 deposit is required with each application. The meeting room is not available to sell merchandise or services, solicit for later sales or placement of orders. Local businesses paying $50.00 may display merchandise but there shall be no sales on the library premises.
- There will be no charge for the use of the meeting room for non-profit organizations. A refundable $25.00 deposit is required with each application. Monetary donations for the use of the meeting room will be greatly appreciated.
- There will be a non-refundable charge of $20.00 for personal use of the meeting room, i.e. showers, graduation, birthdays, etc.
- An adult must supervise children’s groups.
- Granting the use of its meeting room does not imply approval by the library of the group, the meeting, or the ideas presented at the meeting.
- Use of materials or decorations on walls is prohibited.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning up after their meeting and leaving the room as they found it. The library reserves the right to assess not less than $25.00 for cleaning and or labor charges if the room is left in disarray or damaged in any way.
- The library staff is not responsible for setting up the meeting room or teaching users how to use the AV equipment.
- All furniture and equipment is to be used in the library only, and is not to be loaned out.
- Failure to abide by any of these rules or to cooperate with the library staff may result in loss of meeting room privileges.
- The library is not responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to the private property of individuals or organizations. The library board of trustees or the city of Lake City or their employees or agents is not liable for any claims rising out of the use of this facility.
- The application for permission to use the library meeting room must be on file at the library. It will include the name of the group or organization, date and time desired. The person signing the application form must be at least 18 years of age and must accept responsibility for any problems or costs resulting from the specified use of the room.
- Interpretation of this policy is left to the discretion of the library director or his/her designee. Final authority rests with the Board of Trustees.