How to get a library card.
- Lake City Public Library cards are available for any Iowa resident. Children under the age of 14 require a parents signature.
- Applications are available at the library or you can print an application and bring it to the library.
- You will be issued a library card that will allow you to check out books and other materials (magazines, tapes, cds, dvds, videos)
- Due date for books checked out is 3 weeks.
- Due date for videos checked out is 1 week.
- All magazines older than the current issue are available for check out.
- Items can be returned at any time to the drop-off slot next to the front door.
- You can call or e-mail the library to renew library books. Books that are on reserve will not be renewed.
- You can call or e-mail the library to request a reserve on a book. Your name will be added to the reserve list and someone from the library will contact you when the book is available.
- You will be charged the replacement value for any injured or lost books or other material.