Currently the Lake City Library is open to the public by appointment only.
- Only one person/family will be allowed in the library at a time.
- You will be required to wear a mask in the library. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth. The library will supply a mask if you don't have one (subject to availability).
- You are limited to 30 minutes.
- No newspapers, magazines, games or toys will be available.
- Do not come to the library if you feel sick, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or you have been tested, but do not know the result of your test.
- Please do not place any items you touch (but do not check out) back on the shelf. There will be designated boxes for you to place those items.
- There will be a self-checkout for you to use.
- Touchless hand sanitizer is available for you at the library entry.
- Restrooms will not be available.
- Computer use is available by appointment only for one person at a time. Limit is 30 minutes. Appointments can be made for children, but computer use is limited to school work only and only one child at a time.
- Conference rooms and meeting rooms are still not available.
- Curbside and home delivery will still continue.
- We will continue fax, print, copy and tech help services.
Don’t forget the library also offers e-books, downloadable audiobooks and magazines and a large variety of databases accessible here on our webpage. Contact us for assistance.
For links on current information on the Coronavirus, click Here
Track It with Beanstack
All ages can record their reading accomplisments online here, via the app Beanstack Tracker. There are reading challenges for all age groups throughout the year.
There are reading challenges for
Early Literacy (Ages 0-5)
Elementary (Grades 1-6)
Teen (Ages 13-18)
Adults (over 18) and
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (Ages 0-5)
Click here to Register on Beanstack. Download the app Beanstack Tracker from your app store.
Contact us for help or more information.
Lake City Public Library
located in Lake City, Iowa
Check out our online catalog. Login using your library card number and password to create your own lists, renew a book, place a book on hold or see your reading history.
Here are some online learning opportunities for kids:
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems. Draw along with the author of Elephant and Piggie
|Celebrities Read Children's Picture Books|
|Educational videos from the Kids Square Children's Museum|
|Click here for more.....|
BRIDGES allows you to download library eBooks and audiobooks to your device for free with your library account.
Click here for instructions for downloading. You will need to know your library card number. **NOTE** If you card number is less than 5 digits, you will need to add zeros to the beginning of your number. Ex: 00999. If you don't know your number, call us.
Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is a research tool to help nonprofits find the grant-makers most likely to fund their projects.